An ancient fighting style developed by the Elio family while in their endeavor to protect and guard the Esposito royal family. It was made to make the entire practitioner's body into a walking weapon, making even an average leveled practitioner into a soldier capable of fighting devil fruit users. It maximizes on the users body, physical capabilities, and malleable enough to mix in other abilities such as devil fruits and other martial arts.
It is a frighteningly effective martial art and is often called one of the most difficult martial arts to learn and is considered life threateningly hard to master. It requires a strict diet and training regiment.
Devastante is an empty-hand martial art that has a focus on powerful punches, elbows knees and kicks to overwhelm opponents with sheer power and speed. Though this fighting style isn't just an aggressive style as it also involves grappling, choke holds, and throws which are much more reactive. But these aren't quite too limiting as many of the current practitioners add their respective devil fruits or separate martial art to Devastante to increase its destructive power and efficiency. To learn and advance this fighting style the user is required to physically and spiritually train themselves to an extreme.
Advanced users have an ability similar to Fish-Man Karate and Hasshoken as they can release shockwaves from their attacks. Fish-Man Karate can send powerful waves impacting the water within the opponent's body, and this is the part Devansante copies, but the shockwaves devastating effect is akin to what is seen in Hasshoken. In turn this creates a far more powerful strike that can ruin the opponents disorientation while also dealing serious internal damage if done correctly. Unlike Hasshoken and Fish-Man Karate, Devansante is unable to effect a large area and can only take effect after the user makes contact with their target. These shockwaves vibrate with incredible power. With only a few well-planted strikes, the target will begin to break from the inside. An example of this type of attack in use would be a human's arm shattering after taking three direct attacks.
Master level practitioners are able to unlock a few techniques which go beyond what an advanced user can do and are much above their capability. One technique is armor-piercing strike that can hit behind armor, shields, barriers, etc. Targets the skin, muscles, organs, bones, etc. being protected as it focuses one the waves traveling through the armor finding the weakest point in the armor before it transfers to the targets actual body. Another being when the user moves around silently, rapidly alternating between fast and slow movements and confusing the opponent due to the fluid motion & continuously changing speed. This exploits the limits of human vision to create illusions with footwork and control of movement to distract and confuse opponents as if there are more than one of the same user.
Despite how aggressive this martial art is, an Advanced or Master practitioner is equally skilled in responsive skills which makes them even more threatening.
Fist Of Destruction
These will the techniques any practitioner can actually learn by studying the style alone and not adding separate devil fruits or martial art. It's focused on causing as much damage to your foe as possible.
- Drago Strisciante(Crawling Dragon): a rather basic technique which involves the user kicking straight up from the floor to over head but with the training done with the Devastante martial art can send the target flying over a building.
- Sciopero Gemello (Twin Strikes): Double fist strike to the opponent's chest (hands slightly apart).
- Sciopero Della Scimmia (Monkey Strike): The user allows the opponent to attack weather it be a kick or punch, the user only slightly twists their body and uses the hand from behind to grab the attacking limb and pull them, making the opponent to lose their balance before landing a devastating punch to the side of the head. This in turn does typically leave them vulnerable to an onslaught of other attacks.
- La Venere di Milo (the Venus de Milo):A powerful kick with the right leg to the opponent's left shoulder followed by a swift twist of the hip to shift momentum to deliver a left leg kick to the right shoulder. This is made to stun and disarm an opponent and creates an opening for a follow up attack.
- Calcio di Serpente (Snake Kick):Leaps into the air with the back facing the enemy, then twists in mid-air and delivers an overhead kick with their right leg. The effects can be simple from a simple kick but through the advancements of the martial art can make this kick capable of shattering walls.
- Calcio Rotante (Revolving Kick): The user stands on one leg and delivers five side kicks with the other leg extended out.
- Tripla Morte (Triple Death): is a combo of three kicks, on to the ankle or knee, another aimed at the ribs and lastly to the side of the head of an enemy. This technique usually done back to back completed in a single instant.
- Rinoceronte Pugnalata (Rhinoceros Stab): By using the momentum of a cords body drop or tackle, the user swiftly slams their knee into the opponent's face. If they decide to add more power to their attack they can bring the opponent down and use the momentum to deliver a second knee to the face.
- Razza Di Bestie Selvagge (Wild Beast Rush (or race) ):A rapid combo of punches and kicks that not just disrupts an opponent's defenses but also prevents them from forming another or get an footing.
- Ira (Wrath): Using their advanced agility the user delivers four fast almost invisible kicks while mid-air, then follows it up with an axe-kick to usually to the chest or head to send the enemy to the floor.
Grapples, Chokes, and Throws
- Morte Lenta (Slow Death): The user grabs the tracheal area (windpipe and "Adam's apple") between their thumb and four fingers and squeezes. Regarding the hand grip to be used with this choke, the web area between the thumb and the index finger is to be quite high up the neck and the thumb is bent inward and downward, "reaching" behind the Adam's apple of the opponent.
- Mascella Di Leone (Lion's Jaw): A simple yet incredibly effective technique where the user catches the opponent's head springs up and drops their weight in ordered to ram their knees into the target's face, usually directly into their eyes or nose. This can be done either by catching their foe mid run, the user charging at them and suddenly performing the technique or just turning around and suddenly using the technique.
- Matador: a technique similar to the technique above but instead of focusing on the face this attacks the back instead.
- Anaconda Squeeze: When the target is lying in a prone position on the floor, the user (standing above the target) grab the target's legs tucks them in between their arms, lift the target's hips and bend their backs with the user's knee tucked placed on the target's neck or head.
- Toro Dehorning (Bull Dehorning): The user performs two underhooks and puts their target's head under his arms. After sweeping the leg back, the user sits down, which only exposes the opponent's head, causing damage to their neck and skull.
- Torsione Della Tigre (Tiger Twist): When the user has the target's head under their left arm and holds the right arm with his own right arm. After turning a little bit counterclockwise for some momentum, the user spins their opponent clockwise and onto the floor.
- Paralizzando Il Leone (Paralyzing The Lion):The user will lift people up, tucking their head and neck next to the user's before dropping them back down on it. This devastating technique has been known for crippling foes from the neck down or just outright killing them.
Advanced users of this martial art can use any of the techniques above and can even used advanced versions of said techniques. The advanced practitioner have access to the ability to distribute shock waves which help deliver internal damage along with external damage. This is done by manipulating the force being released by the user, increasing their power and even have a target as some user can send a shockwave that his the target's right shoulder and have it aimed and reaching their heart. But even so practitioners can release powerful shock waves outward as they can be done by focusing all their strength to single points of their body.
At this point of their training the practitioners have gone above the peak of human limits and have reached super human levels of physical capabilities, having techniques which display that. Displaying having the speed faster than a human eye can detect, run on walls and leap distances, giving the appearance of flight for how far and high they travel.
- Artiglio Del Drago: A single right (or left) hook punch delivered in a semi crouching position. The user finds their footing in the stance and swings a hook punch. While it seems simple it also created a shockwave that knockback the rest of the surrounding enemies.
Master and Hidden Techniques
A master a this martial art has access to techniques above and uniquely uses extensions of their spirit and are part-illusions as a deity (will change depending on the master).This is done as extensions of their spirit and are part-illusion based. By this time of their martial art training their use of shockwaves have developed into a force that can repel the attacks of their opponents, nullify them, or redirect them with twice the power. Their body will also move and respond instinctively, as their reflexes are highly improved. It is also tha ks to years of training both physically and spiritually to reach this level and living a lifestyle to compliment said training, the aging process of the user is greatly hindered as Gio who is 49 can still move and fight with the appearance and ability of someone in their early twenties.
Only two Masters have been seen using these techniques and very little is known about it.
- Mondo Perduto (Lost World): The user moves around silently, rapidly alternating between fast and slow movements and confusing the opponent due to the fluid motion & continuously changing speed. This exploits the limits of human vision to create illusions with footwork and control of movement to distract and confuse opponents as if there are more than one of the same user. The effects will differ from just a few to almost an entire room full of fakes.
Fist Of Spirituality
This is the second half of the martial art and has gained it's name as it's focus is on internal peace and targeting pressure points on a target's body which cause different effects.
- Berserker By hitting a pressure point in the heart, the user is able to remove the limiters that are placed on their body that causes pain
- Spartacus By hitting a pressure point in the brain, the user is able to remove the limiters that are placed on their body.
- Arresto Del Sangue As the name suggests this is an acupuncture technique that blocks the blood flow of the body by blocking all the arteries.
- Immobilizzare By striking a target near the C4 in the spine it causes the target to lose any movement through their entire body from the neck down.
- Soffocare After striking three pressure points found on the chest in a downward triangle shape cause the target's lungs to struggle to gather air and the effects of this technique will not cause death but keep the target in a hyperventilation state.
- 6. By striking directly above the limbic system pressure point it causes the brain to flood with different emotions. Striking once causes unyielding rage, twice causes happiness, and third causes sorrow 6B. By striking the same location as the previous technique with fresher force causes the target short to long term memory loss from the passed 30min to 24 hours
- 7.by striking the center of a targets chest and then twist to the right after contact forces their lungs to constrict and stop their breathing, by stabbing the pressure point again but twist to the right reverses the effects
- 8. Vital point on the upper thigh used to disable right or left leg.
- 9. By striking the two pressure points above the parietal lobe drastically enhances one's senses
- The foundation and inspiration of this fighting style is based around the real life Martial Art Pankration
- The Yonko, Esposito Dante has taken elements from this martial art and added it to his sword style. But as this martial art is strictly unarmed, his take without cannot be called a derived style.
- One of the techniques the La Venere di Milo is based on the sculpture the Venus de Milo which is a famous armless statue