The Neba Neba no Mi is a special Paramecia-type Devil Fruit that allows the user to create, control, and transform into Slime, making them a Slime Human (ネバ間 Neba Ningen). It was eaten by Strauss D. Calam.
- “Neba Neba”(ネバネバ) is a Japanese onomatopoeia for “sticky” or “slimy” which reflects on the properties of this substance this power produces.
- In the FUNimation sub it it called the Slime-Slime Fruit
Strengths and Weaknesses
The user is given the ability to generate and turn any part of their body into slime, specifically a thick, extremely viscous, pink-colored slime goo- to manipulate as they please. This slime is thick enough to be usable as a blunt-force enough and is capable of trapping people, even extremely strong foes due its slimy and stretchy nature. The slime is such that high-caliber gunfire is completely able to pierce through it, much rather be absorbed and ooze out.
As a "special" Paramecia, this fruit's ability to transform into Slime is similar to the elemental transformation of a Logia. Thus making the user intangible against attacks that are not imbued with Busoshoku Haki, and they can freely morph their transformed body into any shape.
As with all Devil Fruits, this one has the potential to be "awakened” which allows the user to turn inorganic material around them into slime.
However, the slime loses much of its viscosity with frozen or in generally colder temperatures. Otherwise, the user is affected by the standard Devil Fruit weaknesses.
Calam uses his fruit in combat, and is capable of controlling decent amounts of slime with high precision. He has been able to form slime into weapons such as a battle axe to fight against opponents or extend his limbs to bombard his opponent with punches from midair.
This Devil Fruit is similar to the Gomu Gomu no Mi , as it gives the user’s body the properties of a "stretchy" substance that allows them to extend their limbs and expand their bodies at will. However, unlike the rubber powers gained from the Gomu Gomu no Mi, the user can also fully transform their body into their substance (in this case, slime) and even produce it outside of their body and manipulate it. Calam is able to change the shape of his slime body to dodge attacks. He was able to transform into slime to block off bullets and reform after his body was divided. If Calam was blown up, his body could simply ooze back together.
- Neba Neba no Battery ( ねばねばバッテリーなし, Neba Neba no Batterī, literally meaning “Slime-Slime Battery”): Calam uses slime to extend his arm and hits the target with a barrage of punches like his arms were automatic guns.
- Neba Neba no Battle Axe (ねばねばのバトルアックス, Neba Neba no Batoru Akkusu, literally meaning "Slime-Slime Battle Axe"): Calam uses slime to transform his arm into a battle axe.
- Neba Neba no Rain ( ねばねばの雨, Neba Neba no Ame, literally meaning “Slime-Slime Rain”): Calam uses slime to hit his target with barrage of punches from above like he was a cloud raining down onto them.